Boosted by the fortunes of Blunt racing yachts such as the Sunbeam and Hyacinth, respectively winner and runner-up in the St Kilda Yacht Club, N H Roberts and Corio Bay trophies of 1892, the site was soon unable to cope with the volume of orders, despite an ability to produce boats in astonishingly quick time: “A smart piece of workmanship was displayed by Mr Clem. Blunt, boatbuilder, this week. In six days he turned out a large six-oared surf-boat for work at the standed Drumblair,” reported the Chronicle, on October 22, 1892.

The business was forced to move to a bigger yard in 1898, at Clark’s Slip, now the site of Williamstown’s police station.   The Advertiser was impressed: “It is Mr Blunt’s intention to take advantage of the opportunities of this site for developing his business into an important industry, and he is to be congratulated upon his determination to launch out in a large way.”